Srinagar-Leh Highway

I had captured this image while going by cab (Tata Sumo) to Sonamarg from Srinagar. Just put my head out to capture this beautiful landscape with a house to the left side. As you can see in this image, the roof is covered with a metal sheet. Almost all houses here in this region have this on top of their house. During winter there will be heavy snowfall and these metal sheets will not allow snow to stay on top and can slide easily. I visited this place during summer (Aug 2013) and I could see only few patches of snow high above. Its almost 2 to 3 hours of ride from Srinagar to Sonamarg. A must visit place for its beautiful landscape. Below is the photo that I have uploaded on my Google Plus account and Facebook. Follow my page for more pics.

Camera: Nikon D600
Lens: 14-24mm Nikon FX lens
Location: On the way from Srinagar to Sonamarg.

No comments:

Post a Comment