Overnight stay near Satsar Lake

This was during my Himalayan trekking where I stayed overnight at Satsar Lake which is at 12,000 feet and the temperature was around 5 degree Celsius. The place where we had camped was after the Satsar lake on the way to Gangbal twin lake. One of the most beautiful places on earth and definitely want to visit this place again. Captured this image of night sky and used my sleeping bag as tripod as I did not have one, to avoid camera shake and blurring of image. I believe it was full moon and this is the reason why the nearby hill is bright. It was too cold outside, managed to capture this sitting inside my tent with just my camera and head out. Also, this place is very close to India Pakistan line of control.

Camera and lens: Nikon D600, Nikon 14-24mm lens
Camera Settings: Focal Length 17mm, Exposure 5s, F Number f/2.8, ISO 4000, No Tripod, No Flash
Location: Satsar Lake, Jammu & Kashmir, India

No comments:

Post a Comment